Announcement ISSI 2021 conference
KU LEUVEN AND UNIVERSITY OF ANTWERP ANNOUNCE THE
18th International Conference on Scientometrics & Informetrics (ISSI2021)
12–15 July 2021, Leuven (Belgium) – VIRTUAL MEETING
Koenraad Debackere, KU Leuven
Wolfgang Glänzel, KU Leuven
Bart Thijs, KU Leuven
Tim Engels, UAntwerp
Ronald Rousseau (Belgium)
Lin Zhang (China/Belgium)
Henk F. Moed (Italy)
The Organising Committee would like to invite researchers and practitioners in informetrics, scientometrics, bibliometrics and related fields to attend the 18th International Society of Scientometrics and Informetrics Conference to be held in Leuven, Belgium.
Due to the constraints imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic situation and the resulting risks for planning and organising a full-fledged conference with physical presence of attendees, the organisers decided to go virtual next year. This decision will warrant a smooth organisation without unpredictable events and unnecessary modifications and adjustments during the preparation process. We thank all potential participants for their understanding and support in advance and duly hope for a high participation. The details of the organisation can be found on our website https://www.issi2021.org/.
The goal of ISSI2021 is to bring together scholars and practitioners in the domain of informetrics, bibliometrics, scientometrics, webometrics and altmetrics to discuss new research directions, advanced methods and theories, and to highlight the best research in this area. In order to achieve this goal, we ask researchers worldwide to submit original research manuscripts, particularly full papers, research-in-progress papers or posters, to propose and organise tutorials and workshops, with a special emphasis on the future of this area and on its interdisciplinary links with other fields.
With this scope in mind, major conference topics of interest include, but not limited to:
- Informetric theory
- Methods and techniques
- Citation and co-citation analysis
- Research collaboration, mobility and internationalisation
- Knowledge dissemination, integration and interdisciplinarity
- Bibliometric indicators – presence and future
- Webometrics and altmetrics
- Science mapping and visualization
- Science policy and research assessment
- University policy and institutional rankings
- Communication channels: periodicals, proceedings, books and electronic publications
- Knowledge discovery and data mining
- Bibliometrics-aided information retrieval
- Data sources and data processing
- Data harmonisation and integration
- Macro-, meso- and micro-level studies
- Open science – open access and open data
- Patent analysis
- Science-technology interface
- Data accuracy and disambiguation
- Scientific fraud and dishonesty
Open until 30.06.2021
Opening virtual Platform
To get an answer to any conference-related question, the easiest way is contacting the Conference office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
KU Leuven pursues a policy of equal opportunity and diversity, deplores and prosecutes any kind of discriminatory or otherwise unacceptable behaviour. All participants are encouraged to keep these principles in mind when registering for the conference. Further information on these principles can be found on the university website, cf. integrity and behaviour.